How many entries can be put into a drop down list in excel?

  1. #1
    Mary A
    Guest

    How many entries can be put into a drop down list in excel?

    I am creating a drop down list in excel. I am not able to go any farther
    than 15 cells with one or two word choices. Can someone tell me how many
    entries I can make?

  2. #2
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: How many entries can be put into a drop down list in excel?

    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:10:02 -0700, Mary A
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am creating a drop down list in excel. I am not able to go any farther
    >than 15 cells with one or two word choices. Can someone tell me how many
    >entries I can make?

    By experiment, my version of Excel 2002 allows 32767 entries in a drop
    down list.

    HTH
    __
    Richard Buttrey