format cell to show leading zeros and make cell a three digit fiel

  1. #1
    Kristin
    Guest

    format cell to show leading zeros and make cell a three digit fiel

    I have a field that has a single digit number in it now, like 2. I want to
    fornat the field to add 2 leading zero's to make a three digit entry. How do
    I do this with a formula, withut going thru entire spreadsheet and fomartting
    the column to be tex and adding the leading zeros cell by cell? Please help!

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: format cell to show leading zeros and make cell a three digit fiel

    try custom formatting as 000

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: format cell to show leading zeros and make cell a three digit fiel

    Custom format of 000

    You will still have a 1 digit entry that looks like 3 digits.

    You cannot actually have an entry like 002 unless it is text.

    A formula.....=TEXT(A1,"000")

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP