Please Help Combine to Two Lists

  1. #1
    Portland, OR
    MS-Off Ver
    Micro Soft XP, Excel 2003

    Please Help Combine to Two Lists

    If Anyone could help it would be GREAT!

    I have two lists with 3 columns and approximately 1500 row each
    One List is for US and the other is for Canada

    Column A = Product
    Column B = Vendor
    Column C = Code

    I need one list that combines both of these list

    Hopefully with two extra columns that indicates (this can be on a separate sheet)
    Column E = US = X
    Column F = Canada = X

    If a Product with the same Vendor and Code appear in both list I only need it to show up once with a X in each of the US and Canada Columns. The X will be used for an auto filter later.

    Any help would be appreciate
    Thanks
    Lostinformulas

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Please Help Combine to Two Lists

    you could just copy one list onto the bottom of the other and then sort the
    whole lot
    You obviously put the X onto the respective lists before you combine
    them.When you sort thecombined list the duplicates will be next to each
    other.
    --
    paul
    [email protected]

  3. #3
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2007
    try this:

    paste one sheet below the other and sort.

    then in a separate column (say column G), key in this:
    =IF(AND(A2=A3,B2=B3,C2=C3),"x","")

    use AUTOFILTER for column G and only display BLANKS. Only the unique combinations will be displayed.

    hope this is what you want
    TL

    https://sites.google.com/site/teelim/
    My page of "not so useful" spreadsheets

  4. #4
    Portland, OR
    MS-Off Ver
    Micro Soft XP, Excel 2003

    Help Combining two list

    Thank you both it was most helpful. The formula worked great. Is there a way to add to the formula to delete the duplicate line???

    =IF(AND(A2=A3,B2=B3,C2=C3),"x","")

    Thanks Again.
    Lostinformulas