What is the syntax for referencing another sheet with 'lookup'

  1. #1
    ihenderson
    Guest

    What is the syntax for referencing another sheet with 'lookup'

    I am trying to reference a lookup table from another sheet - I have tried the
    format
    =lookup(sheet1!(1, a1:a5, b1:b5)) and other permutations - with & without
    brackets - can you help? (I am using Excel 2003)
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: What is the syntax for referencing another sheet with 'lookup'

    Try, assuming A & B are on Sheet1:

    =LOOKUP(1,Sheet1!A1:A5,Sheet1!B1:B5)

    HTH

  3. #3
    ihenderson
    Guest

    RE: What is the syntax for referencing another sheet with 'lookup'

    Many thanks - quite obvious when you know how!

  4. #4
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: What is the syntax for referencing another sheet with 'lookup'

    ..... so true! But I have been there too....