Can I pick more than 1 entry in the validation function?

  1. #1
    Dora Genco
    Guest

    Can I pick more than 1 entry in the validation function?

    I am using the validation function for data. Using the pull down function.
    In some instances, they will have to pick 2 or more answers from the list.
    Right now it only lets you pick one. How do I allow it to pick 2 or more?

  2. #2
    Scoops
    Guest

    Re: Can I pick more than 1 entry in the validation function?

    Dora Genco wrote:
    > I am using the validation function for data. Using the pull down function.
    > In some instances, they will have to pick 2 or more answers from the list.
    > Right now it only lets you pick one. How do I allow it to pick 2 or more?

    Hi Dora

    An Excel cell can only have one "value".

    Unless you have all possible answer combinations to your validation
    list (e.g. "answer1 and answer2", "answer1 and answer3", "answer2 and
    answer3"), you'll need to put the second answer in another cell.

    Regards

    Steve