Total back to w/c Monday

  1. #1
    Mickey
    Guest

    Total back to w/c Monday

    Hi,
    I have a table of data that counts various items on a daily basis. The data
    is arranged in a table -

    Date - Item 1 - Item 2 - Item 3 etc

    I need to count the total as each week progresses from that weeks Monday.
    Can anyone advise on a formula to count each column total from the last
    Monday (date) in the table?. The forumla would ned to find the Monday of the
    current week and total the sum of each day of the current week.

    Cheers,
    Mickey

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    To sum column B where date in column A is previous Monday or greater...

    =SUMIF(A:A,">="&TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3),B:B)

  3. #3
    Mickey
    Guest

    Re: Total back to w/c Monday

    Hi & Thanks for the formula,
    Two small points if possible for clarification please. The formula is
    counting one day too many and I'm not sure why that is and will take a look
    at that in the morning as it is late just now. Please could you tell me
    what the number 3 element of the formula refers to?.

    Thanks,
    Mickey

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    Formula should include Monday and all subsequent dates, is that not correct?

    =TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3)

    gives the date of the previous Monday (on Monday it gives that day's date)

    WEEKDAY function has 3 possible settings, I'm using the third one (hence the 3) which assigns numbers to days as follows

    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 1
    ....etc.
    Sunday = 6