varible table not

  1. #1

    varible table not

    OK I am giving up on the varible tale array. So I will make 20 tables. Now, how can I direct the VLOOKUP to the correct table without using 20 if()'s?

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: varible table not

    You can make use of the INDIRECT function. If your tables are named in
    some regular way, (eg table_a, table_b, table_c etc), then you should
    be able to compute the table you look at. Presumably there would be
    some condition to choose the appropriate table?

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: varible table not

    I've just read the thread you were referring to, and have left a
    message there which might also be of relevance to you.

    Pete

  4. #4

    try

    I tried INDIRECT() as suggested by daddylonglegs, but I could not get it to work. I will try, try again. Thanks