Problems with SUMPRODUCTS

  1. #1

    Red face Problems with SUMPRODUCTS

    Hi
    I have some problems with the function SUMPRODUCT, because when using and expression like =SUMPRODUCT((D2:D490="John")*(I2:I490)) if there is any empty cell it returns #VALUE so how do I set a condition for a complete series of columns, something to eliminate de blank cells and put 0 on it in orther to make the function works.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Problems with SUMPRODUCTS

    That shouldn't give an error here, it just fails to match. You are more
    likely to get a #VALUE! error if I2:I490 has a text item, try this

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(D2:D490="John"),I2:I490)

    Bob Phillips

    "John21" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Hutchins
    Guest

    RE: Problems with SUMPRODUCTS

    The problem is not empty cells; the problem is cells in your column I range
    which have text (any non-numerical value, such as a space). Convert all the
    column I data to numbers in another column (J, for example), then change your
    SUMPRODUCT formula to use the column J range. Enter the following in J2 and
    copy down through all rows of data: =IF(ISNUMBER(I2),I2,0)

    Hope this helps,

    Hutch