Merge two files and then allowing deletion of duplicate cells?

  1. #1
    candygrl7300
    Guest

    Merge two files and then allowing deletion of duplicate cells?

    My supervisor wants me to figure out how to merge two files (we know how to
    do this) but then set it up so that if there are any duplicate cells/cell
    rows in the two files, they will automatically delete. Anyone know if this is
    even a possible function?

  2. #2
    Rocky
    Guest

    RE: Merge two files and then allowing deletion of duplicate cells?

    Link Workbooks and update links whenever you make changes.

  3. #3
    GoHokiesJLK
    Guest

    RE: Merge two files and then allowing deletion of duplicate cells?

    I *just* learned how to do this this week... Office Online has this article:

    Basically, use the Data -> Filter -> Advanced Filter command.

    There is a checkbox for "Unique records only" that you need to check.

    The important part in the "Criteria range:" box. I used "column b" for my
    worksheet, so that field ends up looking like this: Sheet1!$B:$B

    Hope this helps,
    jlk