Now as timestamp

  1. #1
    Lp12
    Guest

    Now as timestamp

    Hi All,
    I'm using the Now() function as a timestamp in a cell. The trouble is that
    each time the sheet opens up, the timestampt is changeing to the current
    date. How can i implement a timestamp without this to happen?
    Thanks a lot in advance..

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Now as timestamp

    Ctrl-:, or Ctrl-Shift-;

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lp12
    Guest

    Re: Now as timestamp

    Hi Bob,
    Thanks for the response but I was referring to a cell that's getting
    populated with timestamp according to a value of the near cell: If A1 isn't
    null then A2 = Now(). I have this statement in several places in my sheet. I
    need the date to be stable automatically and not with user active.
    Thanks again

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Now as timestamp

    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

  5. #5
    Lp12
    Guest

    Re: Now as timestamp

    Hi Niek,
    Thanks for the answer but I use both formula and macro methods with Now
    function, and I'm looking for an alternative for that cause Now() keeps
    updating the cell on each entrance to the sheet. Its a timestamp for a
    signature, once a user writes its initial in A1 I want A2 to write down the
    timestamp. but once there's a value in A1 i dont want A2 to update to the
    current date, only once. Hope i got myself clear.
    Thanks a lot

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Now as timestamp

    Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1"

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    With Target
    If .Value <> "" Then
    .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Time, "hh:mm:ss")
    End If
    End With
    End If

    ws_exit: