Conditional formatting between worksheets?

  1. #1
    Workaholic
    Guest

    Conditional formatting between worksheets?

    I'm trying to change to fill color of a cell in 1 worksheet if the value of
    another worksheet is greater than or equal to a certain value. I'm using
    conditional formatting with FormulaIs and the normal If "worksheet cell" >
    whatever

    Help please.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting between worksheets?

    Both WBs must be open, and you must assign a name to the cell / range in the
    other WB for this to work.

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Workaholic
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting between worksheets?

    No help here. I know how to assign workbook or worksheet names and cell
    numbers to formulas. I said between worksheets but have since found that you
    cannot use conditional formatting between different worksheets or workbooks.
    Had to ask a different question.

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting between worksheets?

    I'm sorry, I thought I read "workbooks".

    But, in either case, you *CAN* use CF between worksheets and workbooks.

    The common stipulation for both cases is that you must use a named range,
    while for the workbook scenario, the fact that they must all be open is an
    added requirement.

    To use between WSs, just assign a name to the range (cell) that you wish to
    use as the criteria, say something like "rng1" (no quotes).

    Then, in the CF dialog, use "Formula Is", with something like:

    =rng1>100

    --
    HTH,

    -
    > > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

    !

    -