Cell reference within a indirect..

  1. #1

    Cell reference within a indirect..

    Im really in need of some good advice. Ive used many hours making a test cell for a new worksheet, but then when i closed down the workbooks my test cell was refering to i got the #REF! error although the whole path to the workbook was there. I isolated the problem to a indirect formula im using because i want the reference file to be a variable.

    How do i solve the problem that excel isnt able to use a cell reference in a workbook that isnt open if that reference is within a "=indirect()" code..?

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Cell reference within a indirect..

    http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...sed-workbooks/
    try this function called indirect.ext
    --
    paul
    [email protected]

  3. #3
    Thanks.. To bad it has limitations.. I needed it for looking up if a excel workbook have been completed for each of 60.000 persons.. But i guess we will have to keep track of how many workbooks have been made manually