Moving Related Fields

  1. #1
    Manager that needs help
    Guest

    Moving Related Fields

    I have a very large worksheet that is seperated between item codes and the
    categories related to those items. However, the way the worksheet comes
    pre-formated:

    3160WW AUD3000
    3160WW AUD4000
    3160WW AUD6000
    3170WX SAM1300

    I want to move all the related categories into seperate fields:

    3160WW AUD3000 AUD4000 AUD 6000
    3170WX SAM1300

    How do I do this in excel? I know access a little if I need to do it in that.
    Also I would want to add the additional text "PC" to the item codes: PC3160WW

    Thanks, please send me an e-mail if you have a fix to this delima at
    pcelite2 @ (no spam) yahoo.com THANKS.

  2. #2
    JBoulton
    Guest

    RE: Moving Related Fields

    PC,

    The data is currently in a "normalized" format. Usually, it's not a good
    idea to break it up the way you're describing. It would be better for you to
    figure out how to use the data in the current format. If you're having
    trouble doing that, post your question. I'm sure someone will help out and
    you'll be a lot better off in the long run.

    However, if you *really* want to proceed you could sort it and do a lot of
    copy/paste.

    Jim

  3. #3
    Manager that needs help
    Guest

    RE: Moving Related Fields

    It's alot of data. Is there nothing that simply will move the fields where I
    want them? I have no choice as to what format it comes in, and copy/paste is
    not an option.