Report choosing a Pivot table data

  1. #1
    Krish
    Guest

    Report choosing a Pivot table data

    I have 8 Pivot tables in a spreadsheet containing identical data with months in columns, account numbers in rows.. These Pivot tables represent the monthly expenses for 8 departments.I have created a standard Report in the same spreadsheet, to view the data with percentages and variance to Budget figures. The Report has a pick list, using data validation. By choosing any department in the list, I would like the report to look for the data in the specified Pivot table and produce the results.I have used "Name" for each Pivot table data range. I used Index and Match to look for a specific column number in the Pivot table. But in my formula I am limited to 7 "If" only. How could I achieve my requirements?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Report choosing a Pivot table data

    You can use the GetPivotData function to return data from the pivot
    table. There are examples in Excel's Help, and here:

    Krish wrote:
    > I have 8 Pivot tables in a spreadsheet containing identical data with
    > months in columns, account numbers in rows.. These Pivot tables
    > represent the monthly expenses for 8 departments.I have created a
    > standard Report in the same spreadsheet, to view the data with
    > percentages and variance to Budget figures. The Report has a pick list,
    > using data validation. By choosing any department in the list, I would
    > like the report to look for the data in the specified Pivot table and
    > produce the results.I have used "Name" for each Pivot table data range.
    > I used Index and Match to look for a specific column number in the Pivot
    > table. But in my formula I am limited to 7 "If" only. How could I
    > achieve my requirements?
    >
    > Thanks

    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures