change 2000 cells (negative numbers) into positive numbers

  1. #1
    lisbern
    Guest

    change 2000 cells (negative numbers) into positive numbers

    I have a colum of 2000 numbers (negative) and I would like to have them all
    positive. I know I can multiple each number by -1 so it will be positive
    (ex: -25 *-1=25) but I do not want to have to do *-1 to each cell, cell
    by cell. Is there a way that I can change the sign in one shut?

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: change 2000 cells (negative numbers) into positive numbers

    hi Isbern

    in an auxliar cell type -1, copy it, select the range when you need to
    change the figures, right click, paste special
    select values and multiply

    hth
    --
    regards from Brazil
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

  3. #3
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: change 2000 cells (negative numbers) into positive numbers

    lisbern wrote...
    >I have a colum of 2000 numbers (negative) and I would like to have them all
    >positive. I know I can multiple each number by -1 so it will be positive
    >(ex: -25 *-1=25) but I do not want to have to do *-1 to each cell, cell
    >by cell. Is there a way that I can change the sign in one shut?

    Are they number constants? If so, Edit > Replace, replacing - with
    nothing.