Sum of columns that vary in position

  1. #1
    gibsol
    Guest

    Sum of columns that vary in position

    I need to sum up the total of all numbers in columns titled Assy. These
    columns will vary in position in the spreadsheet. example of data
    Fabs Assy Fabs Assy Assy
    Expediting - Shortages 0 0 0 0 0
    Inspection 0 48 0 0 0
    Housekeeping 26.6 49.6 8 0 0
    Maintenance 0 0 0 0 0
    Rework 0 5.9 0 115 0
    Waiting 0 0 0 73 0
    Communications 26.6 47.3 0 41.5 0
    Training 12 40.5 37 0 209

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Sum of columns that vary in position

    Try (based on your supplied table):

    =SUMPRODUCT((B1:F1="Assy")*(B2:F9))

    HTH

  3. #3
    gibsol
    Guest

    RE: Sum of columns that vary in position

    Thanks toppers that worked a treat.
    Do you have an idea how I would then set it to sum up for inspection only.
    Would I use Sumif. ?

  4. #4
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Sum of columns that vary in position

    Try:

    =SUMPRODUCT((B1:F1="Assy")*(A2:A9="Inspection")*(B2:F9))

    HTH

  5. #5
    gibsol
    Guest

    RE: Sum of columns that vary in position

    Superb, works great, can get back to normal life now instead of staring at
    this report.

  6. #6
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Sum of columns that vary in position

    Thanks for the feedback.