wrong calculation in excel? formula outcome <> cell value??

  1. #1
    mcclaud
    Guest

    wrong calculation in excel? formula outcome <> cell value??

    I have A1:A4 cells filled with -1,2,3,4 and named the range A1:A4 "sales"

    in A6 I have =SUM(IF(sales>0,sales)) outcome 8 (=-1+2+3+4) and it should be
    2+3+4=9

    When I click the Fx button to edit the formula, the outcome is correctly
    shown as 9 ?

    Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong here?

    I am using excel 2003 SP2

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: wrong calculation in excel? formula outcome <> cell value??

    mcclaud, try this,

    =SUMIF(sales,">0",sales)

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    shail
    Guest

    Re: wrong calculation in excel? formula outcome <> cell value??

    hi,

    The function is correct. Try using CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, as the way you
    want it, it must be entered as ARRAY FUNCTION.
    The function will be under braces {} automatically and the result will
    come up

    {=SUM(IF(sales>0,sales))}

    thanks

    Shail