Relative Reference Help Macros

  1. #1
    PhillipsHQ
    Guest

    Relative Reference Help Macros

    I am trying to get relative reference to work while using my macros. The
    help menu says there should be a pop-up toggle switch that allows me to
    select between absolute and relative references. That button never appears.
    Ideas, please?

  2. #2
    Kevin Vaughn
    Guest

    RE: Relative Reference Help Macros

    The toggle doesn't appear when using the macros, it appears when recording
    the macro (so that either relative or absolute references are used.)
    --
    Kevin Vaughn

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Relative Reference Help Macros

    Tools>Customize>Toolbars.

    Select the Stop Recording Toolbar.

    Start Recording a macro then hit the Stop button.

    DO NOT hit the "x" to stop or you will lose the Toolbar again.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:56:03 -0700, PhillipsHQ
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am trying to get relative reference to work while using my macros. The
    >help menu says there should be a pop-up toggle switch that allows me to
    >select between absolute and relative references. That button never appears.
    >Ideas, please?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    PhillipsHQ
    Guest

    RE: Relative Reference Help Macros

    Thanks a lot. I should have been more clear with my request. I did, in
    fact, mean that the pop-up did not occur when creating the macro...nice catch.

  5. #5
    PhillipsHQ
    Guest

    Re: Relative Reference Help Macros

    Home run. Thanks a million...

  6. #6
    Kevin Vaughn
    Guest

    RE: Relative Reference Help Macros

    I see that Gord correctly interpreted what you meant and provided the answer.
    After I saw his reply, I figured that was more likely what you meant. Glad
    he answered your question for you.
    --
    Kevin Vaughn