Scroll bars without control tabs

  1. #1
    CJ
    Guest

    Scroll bars without control tabs

    I'm using Excel w Office 2000. Until today I have had no trouble inserting
    scroll bars. Usually I right click on the control bar and go to format
    control. Then I go to the control tab to set parameters. The Control tab is
    one of 5 tabs (size, protestion, properties, web, control). Today the control
    tab has gone! How do I get it back. Thanks for your help, Chris.

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,482
    you have placed a scroll bar from the controls toolbar, instead of the forms toolbar

  3. #3
    CJ
    Guest

    Re: Scroll bars without control tabs

    Thank you. The forms toolbar works wondrfully. But, I don't understand why
    one would want a a controls toolbar vs forms toolbar.

  4. #4
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,482
    The controls toolbar is ActiveX, if you place a scroll bar from the controls toolbox and right clicked(with the mouse),then selected view code you will be taken into VBA and then you will be able to use VBA code to do what you require very similar to creating a userform