Auto Open

  1. #1
    Syed Zeeshan Haider
    Guest

    Auto Open

    Hello Everybody,
    I have Excel 2003 on WinXP SP2.

    I have copied a worksheet, "Invoice", into my Excel file called "Databased".
    Although, I have broken all links in the worksheet but still it tries to
    open the original file from where I copied the it. If the file is not found
    I get following error when "Databased" is opened:

    Cannot find 'C:\[ILYASBILLING Template (uw).xls]AutoOpen Stub Data'!, which
    has been assigned to run each time [Databased.xls]Invoice is opened.
    Continuing could cause errors. Cancel opening [Databased.xls]Invoice?

    Now I have no idea how to search and destroy this "AutoOpen Stub Data"
    because I already have deleted all previous formulas and links to other
    files that I knew. Can anybody help in this case?

    Thank you,
    --
    Syed Zeeshan Haider

    Download a free game to play with Internet Explorer from
    http://szh.20m.com/entertainment/olwg.html

  2. #2
    Peter Jausovec
    Guest

    RE: Auto Open

    Hi,

    Try copying all the contents to a new file (not new worksheet) and then edit
    the formulae to get rid of the links to the old file. Finally, copy all VBA
    code (if any) to the new document.

    Regards,
    Peter
    --
    http://blog.jausovec.net

  3. #3
    Syed Zeeshan Haider
    Guest

    Re: Auto Open

    Already tried it but the original worksheet is too complex to be copied.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Joinville, Brazil
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2010

    Re: Auto Open

    The problem is a named range in another worksheet. I had the same problem on my own. You can go to formulas menu, select the named range option and delete it. It took me 4 months to find out.