Averaging the last 5 entries in a row

  1. #1
    Geo
    Guest

    Averaging the last 5 entries in a row

    I have 20 numbers in a row (G34:Z34) I would like to average the last 5
    entries. So if I have 10 entries (G34:P34),I would only like to average
    (L34:P34) Which is the last 5 entered and continue on averaging the last 5
    all the way to (Z34).
    --
    Geo

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Averaging the last 5 entries in a row

    If there are no blank cells in-between you can use

    =AVERAGE(OFFSET($G$34,,COUNT($G$34:$Z$34)-1,,-5))

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Averaging the last 5 entries in a row

    One way:

    =AVERAGE(OFFSET(G34,0,COUNTA(G34:Z34)-5,1,5))

  4. #4
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Averaging the last 5 entries in a row

    Geo,

    In cell Q34, add the formula "=average(L34:P34)". Then copy that formula
    across the range R34:Z34.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Averaging the last 5 entries in a row

    What is wrong with the answers given in your previous posting?

    RP

  6. #6
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Averaging the last 5 entries in a row

    Just to make sure he posted again a third time and wasted Ken Wright's time
    as well as

    Peo Sjoblom