Grouping in protected sheets

  1. #1
    Maia
    Guest

    Grouping in protected sheets

    Hi,

    I have a sheet where I need to protect some formulas so that people won't
    mess them. However, when I do this Excel does not let me use the + (or -)
    buttons to open the groupings.
    Any suggestions how to handle this problem?

    thanks in advance!!

    Maya

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Grouping in protected sheets

    You have to set the worksheet's EnableOutlining property to true.
    Unfortunately this is a setting that must be set every time you open the
    workbook because it does not stick.

    You can run this code in your workbook's startup macro to handle this.

    With Worksheets("Sheet1")
    .EnableOutlining = True
    .Protect Password:="pass"
    End With