Slow Subtotaling

  1. #1
    Jeremy
    Guest

    Slow Subtotaling

    Running on a P4 2.8 GHz w/1 GB RAM...
    Excel 2003.

    I have a worksheet w/roughly 9000 rows and 18 columns of data.

    When subtotaling the data, my CPU is maxing out, while RAM seems to be fine.
    The process is taking too long (up to a minute) to calculate the subtotals.
    The behavior gets worse as additional subtotals are added.

    Has anyone experienced this?

    Is thier anything that I can do to improve performance?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Slow Subtotaling

    try using sumproduct instead with the parameters of the filter. Example.

    =sumproduct((rngA="a")*(rngB=1)*rngC)

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software