Time Help

  1. #1
    Kelly Thompson
    Guest

    Time Help

    I have a brain fart I've been working on this for two days now and I know I'm
    making it to hard. What I need is a formula I doing a time sheet, if I work
    160 hours in a month I get 6 hours and 40 minutes of vaction time. So what
    in need is a formula that caculates if I work lets say 150 hours I get ?
    hours and ? minutes of vaction.

  2. #2
    Wisconsin
    Just an idea for you -

    Example -

    For the month you worked 150 hours and 15 minutes

    In A1 list your completed work hours A1= 150
    In B1 list your completed work minutes B1 = 15
    In C1 try =(SUM(A1*60,+B1)/24)/60

    This should at least get you started. I will try and look later to see what I can do to format the value to 6 hrs. 40 min.

    Kadens Dad

  3. #3
    Wisconsin
    Try

    In C1 try =SUM(A1*60,+B1)/24/60/24

    Select C1

    Under Format/Cells Select time format 13:30

    Kadens Dad

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Time Help

    One way:

    If your total, in time format, is in A1:

    =A1/TIME(160,0,0)*TIME(6,40,0)

    or, more efficiently:

    =A1 * 0.4166666666667

  5. #5