Husband died, office his name..added xp my name..now no excess to.

  1. #1
    dusiedu
    Guest

    Husband died, office his name..added xp my name..now no excess to.

    excel keeps locking me out..again husband died...this is his computer...have
    added xp in my name and am now locked out of excel.. It has records that I
    need and cannot access. I have sent numerous messages to excel when it sends
    a report and gotten absolutely no response.

  2. #2
    Loral R. Johnson
    Guest

    RE: Husband died, office his name..added xp my name..now no excess to.

    > excel keeps locking me out..

    When you say "Excel" is locking you out; are you trying to open files from
    his "My Documents" folder?

    > added xp in my name and am now locked out of excel..

    When you say you added XP in your name; did you add yourself as a user, or
    install / re-install XP in your name?

    If you added your name, you still don't have permissions to access his
    document folder. You can make sure you have administrator privilages and
    take ownership of his folder and should be able to access his files. If his
    files are password protected, this is another matter.

    If you re-installed XP, then you may have folders that are not in the same
    domain or workgroup.

    All-in-all, your problem is most likely more advanced than your knowledge of
    securities, passwords, and XP policies. You really should look locally for
    someone that can physically log on your computer and offer assistance.

    Many people are going to be uneasy offering techniques to "hack" into files
    without absolute assurance this is a legitimate request.

    I hope you understand....

    Loral

  3. #3

    Re: Husband died, office his name..added xp my name..now no excess to.

    If your files are password protected, you may want to visit:
    http://www.lostpassword.com/
    It's a commercial recovery business.

    If excel blows up on you when you open it, you may want to read Chip Pearson's
    notes about start up errors: