Move Selection after Enter

  1. #1
    Marty Leaf
    Guest

    Move Selection after Enter

    Is it possible to have the Move Selection after Enter setting in Options -
    Edit be set per xls file. I like the selection to move Down after Enter but
    I have one file that I would like the selection to move to the Right after
    Enter.

    Thanks,
    Marty

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Move Selection after Enter

    You can use a macro to set it for this particular workbook, first create the
    code
    open the workbook where you want to have this happen, then do
    tools>macro>record new macro

    do tools>options>edit and change from the default down to right, click OK
    while still recording repeat and turn move down on again, stop the macro
    press alt + F11, in the left project pane look for this workbook, click the
    + sign before the folder modules, double click module1, now you should have
    2 lines of code looking like

    Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlToRight
    Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlDown

    copy the first line, double click ThisWorkbook, for the left dropdown select
    workbook, from the right (Declarations) select open, this will give you

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()

    End Sub

    between thos lines paste the line you copied so it will look like

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlToRight
    End Sub

    now from the dropdown to the right select BeforClose

    between the 2 lines you got copy and paste the second line from the recorded
    macr so it will look like

    Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlDown
    End Sub

    Now right click the module form where you copied these lines and select
    remove module and wehnprompted to export select no

    press alt + q to close the VBE and save the workbook. Close the workbook,
    now when you open this particular workbook enable macros, then it will move
    to the right, but after you have closed it other workbooks will move down,
    just remeber that while this workbook is open all other workbooks will go to
    the right as well until you close it

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  3. #3