Scenarios

  1. #1
    tfaivre
    Guest

    Scenarios

    I have spreadsheets in which I need to run various scenarios for well more
    than the 35 cells Excel permits. Using "versions" in Lotus was much easier.
    Any suggestions on how to easily accomplish this in Excel? I am in the
    process of breaking down the sheets into numerous groups of 35 or fewer
    cells, but it is quite time consuming.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Scenarios

    There's a sample workbook here, that uses an alternative method to show
    scenarios:

    http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Scenarios

    under the heading, 'Alternative to Scenario'

    Variables are stored on a worksheet, and a scenario name is selected
    from a dropdown list to display its variables.

    It's easier to maintain than scenarios, and could be linked to a database.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List