I get wrong dates when i paste from a different sheet into a new s

  1. #1
    mmollat
    Guest

    I get wrong dates when i paste from a different sheet into a new s

    Hello again,

    My problem now is when I open an old excel sheet with data on it and try to
    paste that info on a new sheet I get wrong information.

    example: I'm trying to copy dates from an excel sheet I have. The dates are
    for the year 2004. When I copy the data and paste it on a new sheet the dates
    I now see are 2000. I'm puzzled. What I find wierd is when I have clipboard
    open the information shows the correct dates but when it's actually pasted on
    the sheet it shows as 2000.

    I'm using Excel 2003, but I get the same thing when using excel 2002(xp)

    Thanks for your help,
    Mark

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: I get wrong dates when i paste from a different sheet into a new s

    It has to do with your the date system selection not
    being the same in each wb. You can modify it under Tools
    > Options > Calculation tab. Look for "1904 date system".

    For more information, see:

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#SerialDates

    and look for the subheader:

    "The Two Date Systems Of Excel"

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    mmollat
    Guest

    Re: I get wrong dates when i paste from a different sheet into a n

    These forums kick butt! Thanks Jason for the quick reply. I checking that
    1904 date system and it worked perfect!

    Mark