Setting View and Zoom Globaly

  1. #1
    Bill Evans
    Guest

    Setting View and Zoom Globaly

    Is there a way to set every worksheet in a workbook to the same view and
    zoom settings?

    I have a workbook with 13 worksheets, one for each month of the year and one
    for the annual totals. When I make a change to one month's zoom level to
    see whatever columns it is I'm interested in, it's always troublesome to get
    a second or third or whatever number of other months set to that same view
    so I can easily compare them when I toggle back and forth.

    --
    bill evans
    [email protected]

    Freeman Dyson: "It's best not to limit our thinking. We can always
    air-condition the Earth."

  2. #2
    William
    Guest

    Re: Setting View and Zoom Globaly

    Hi Bill

    Sub Same_Zoom()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Dim ws As Worksheet, i As Integer, j As Integer
    Dim k As Integer, ws1 As Worksheet
    ActiveSheet.Select
    Set ws1 = ActiveSheet
    i = ActiveWindow.Zoom
    j = ActiveWindow.ScrollRow
    k = ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn
    For Each ws In Worksheets
    ws.Select
    ActiveWindow.Zoom = i
    ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = j
    ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = k
    Next ws
    ws1.Select
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    Application.EnableEvents = True

    XL2002
    Regards

    William

    [email protected]

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Andy Brown
    Guest

    Re: Setting View and Zoom Globaly

    If you'd rather not use code, this may work for you.

    You can group all the sheets. Click the tab of the first sheet, then click
    the tab of the last sheet *while holding down Shift*. Adjust the zoom.
    Rightclick the first sheet tab and "Ungroup" (NB: you don't *have* to
    ungroup, but be aware that a change in a grouped sheet affects *all* grouped
    sheets).

    Another option might be to set up a Custom View (View menu).

    Also, if you have a wheel-mouse you may be able to shortcut zoom-setting
    using the wheel ; mine works on +/-15% per click.

    HTH,
    Andy