Refer to a defined name in a formula

  1. #1
    Guest

    Refer to a defined name in a formula

    Hi

    Thanks for reading this!
    I've been scouring the archives but I can't find the answer to this one.
    Forgive me if it's there somewhere (I'm sure it must be!)
    I have numerous names defined for individual cells eg. sepr, octmo etc.
    I am trying to create a formula that will allow me to concatenate two cells
    eg 'sep' and 'r' and use this to refer to the cell that the name defines.
    My formula looks something like
    =25.00*sepr and I would like it to be =25.00*(cell with 'sep')&(cell
    with 'r')

    Cheers!

    --
    Andy.

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Refer to a defined name in a formula

    Hi Andy

    try
    =25*INDIRECT(F7&G7)
    where F7 contains "sep" and G7 contains "r"

    cheers
    JulieD

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: Refer to a defined name in a formula

    Cheers Julie! Just the job.

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Refer to a defined name in a formula

    glad to assist, and thanks for the feedback.