Shortcut Key For Column Autofit

  1. #1
    Mahesh Kumar K Hegde
    Guest

    Shortcut Key For Column Autofit

    Dear Friends ,

    Pls Tell me what is the shortcut key for autofit coloumn in Excel 2002 .
    like, for format cell we can press Ctr+1. L, is there any shortcut for
    dooing the autofit column..Pls..

    Regards,
    Mahesh

  2. #2
    Hello,

    The only shortcut possible for this action is ALT oca.
    Not the best shortcut but it will save some time.

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Shortcut Key For Column Autofit

    Double-click on the right-hand border of the column header

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Mahesh Kumar K Hegde
    Guest

    Re: Shortcut Key For Column Autofit

    Hi Niek Otten,

    Thanks for reply But Its not the option i am looking at
    i want to know , is there any option by pressing ctr+1 or alt+ctr+1
    like..keys . For example for raw hide we can use Ctr+9.for unhide the raw we
    can use Ctr+Shift+9

    Thanks
    regards,
    Mahesh
    news:#[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Shortcut Key For Column Autofit

    Mabesh

    The best I can come up with is ALT + o,r,a

    I don't believe there is anything else.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  6. #6
    Jack
    Guest

    Re: Shortcut Key For Column Autofit

    This can be accomplished through VBA. I used to have an icon on my toolbar
    that would autofit all the columns in the workbook but hey VBA is
    complicated and I don't remember.

    I tried looking through the book on how I did this but can't find it.
    Basically you start a macro and change the VBA to select all the cells in
    the worksheet and then apply autofit to all the columns. You then save the
    macro and assign it to your toolbar or give it a hot key.