exceed maximum rows

  1. #1
    doco
    Guest

    exceed maximum rows

    Is there a way to increase the number of rows available in Excel 2000? I
    qutie often need more than the 65,536...

    TIA

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: exceed maximum rows

    doco,

    In a word, no.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: exceed maximum rows

    No, you cannot increase the number of rows.
    However, why don't you use more than one sheet and break up your info that
    way.
    When you get to the limit of your first sheet transfer the totals and/or
    values into the top row of the second sheet and carry on from there.

    HTH
    Michael

  4. #4
    Bill Sharpe
    Guest

    Re: exceed maximum rows

    MS imposed the 64k limit on rows partly to discourage the use of Excel
    for handling huge amounts of data.
    Either use multiple sheets as another poster suggested or consider
    switching to Quattro Pro, which allows up to one million rows. Perhaps
    an even better choice would be a database program, such as Access or
    FileMaker Pro.

    Bill