How do I change an e-mail address in Excel?

  1. #1
    Sheila
    Guest

    How do I change an e-mail address in Excel?

    When I make a change in an e-mail address in Excel it shows up visually but
    when I click on it, it opens an e-mail with the old e-mail address. Please
    help.

  2. #2
    Ken Macksey
    Guest

    Re: How do I change an e-mail address in Excel?

    Click on the cell and delete the old address. Then click the insert menu,
    hyperlink and in the address bar at the bottom of the window that opens,
    type the new email address and click ok.(Excel 2002) May vary slightly for
    other versions of excel.

    HTH

    Ken

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: How do I change an e-mail address in Excel?

    Hi Sheila,

    Right-click the hyperlink, Hyperlink | Edit hperlink... opens a hyperlink
    edit dialog . The dialog can be used to edit the email address and/or the
    worksheet representation.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Sheila
    Guest

    Re: How do I change an e-mail address in Excel?

    Ken it doesn't give me the option to insert a hyperlink. I have Windows XP

  5. #5
    Ken Macksey
    Guest

    Re: How do I change an e-mail address in Excel?

    Hi

    I have win xp as well and also excel 97 and excel 2002 and both have
    hyperlink on the insert menu. Sorry, but I don't know why you don't. Maybe
    Norman Jones suggestion will work for you.

    Ken

  6. #6

    Re: How do I change an e-mail address in Excel?

    A shortcut to that hyperlink dialog is to select the cell, then hit ctrl-k.