set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?

  1. #1
    Mestrella31
    Guest

    set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?

    how do you set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Assuming you want the same print range on each sheet, hold down the CTRL key and click on each sheet's tab that you want to format. This will 'select' each sheet clicked. (If sheets are consecutive, hold the shift key and click the first and the last tab, all in between will be selected). Now, set your print range on the visible sheet, and all selected sheets will be altered to match this range.

    HTH
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?

    Manually I don't think it's possible to set more than one sheet's print area
    at a time. Of course a macro can make this a lot quicker.

    --
    Jim Rech
    Excel MVP
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?

    Unfortunately setting the print area on grouped sheets is not an option
    without using VBA.

    Code from Bob Flanagan for setting same print area on grouped sheets.

    NOTE: Set the print area on ActiveSheet then Group the sheets and run the
    macro.

    Note: after print area is set you will most likely have to re-group to set
    margins.

    Sub Set_Print_Area_On_All_Selected_Sheets()
    Dim tempS As String, oSheets As Object
    Dim curSheet As Worksheet, oSheet As Worksheet
    Dim iResponse

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    iResponse = MsgBox(prompt:= _
    "Select OK to set the print area on all " & _
    "selected sheets the same as the print " & _
    "area on this sheet. If you have not selected " & _
    "any sheets, then all worksheets will be set.", _
    Buttons:=vbOKCancel)
    If iResponse = vbCancel Then End

    'store info
    tempS = ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea
    'set an object variable to refer to the sheets to be set
    If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count = 1 Then
    'if no sheets selected, select all worksheets
    Set oSheets = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
    Else
    'set variable to select sheets
    Set oSheets = ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
    End If

    'store the current sheet and then rotate through each
    'sheet and set the print area
    Set curSheet = ActiveSheet
    For Each oSheet In oSheets
    If oSheet.Type = xlWorksheet Then
    'set print area only if a worksheet
    oSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = tempS
    End If
    Next

    'return to the original worksheet

    curSheet.Select
    MsgBox "All print areas on the selected sheets have " & _
    "been set to the same as this sheet."
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP