Copy and paste problem

  1. #1
    John Kitchens
    Guest

    Copy and paste problem

    I am using Excel 2000. I have made a W2 form that I need to copy and paste
    for a total of 80 copies. ( I made the form just through using cell borders
    and resizing cells etc.)

    All of this is being done on the same worksheet. Through cell protection the
    user will tab from one cell to another filling out the appropriate
    information.

    THE PROBLEM.

    When I made this I had to decrease the height of some cells and increase the
    height of other cells.

    When I copy this down the sheet for a total of 80 copies the cells are set
    to the original default settings of 17 pixels in height. It copies the form
    I made but of course all of the cells all the way down are not the proper
    height.

    Is there a way to copy this and have it also copy the cell height?

    I sure hope so.

    I know everyone is wondering why I would go to the trouble when I could just
    use Quicken or some other type of program, but I just enjoy doing these
    things.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    John Kitchens

  2. #2

    Re: Copy and paste problem

    If I copy the rows (not just A1:Z22, but all of rows 1:22), the row height gets
    pasted, too.

    If you've already made your 79 copies...
    select all the rows in the first (good) set
    hit the format painter icon twice.

    Paint over each copy

    hit escape to get out of that format painter mode.

  3. #3
    John Kitchens
    Guest

    Re: Copy and paste problem

    Dave,

    Once again you have provided excellent information that is right on the
    mark.

    You just saved me a ton of time. Thank you very much!

    Sincerely,
    John Kitchens

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Copy and paste problem

    If you have to do this again, you may want to post some more details.

    (Range addresses, how much to copy, where to paste (leave how many empty rows)
    kind of stuff.)

    You may be able to get a little macro that copies and pastes as many times as
    you need.