Highlighting linked columns

  1. #1
    Cheri
    Guest

    Highlighting linked columns

    A co-worker asked me this:
    when you are linking within the same doc but on diff tabs and you want the
    cursor to highlight the column you linked it to - how would you do that?
    --
    ~ Cheri

  2. #2

    Re: Highlighting linked columns

    Maybe this is close.

    I can do this in xl2002:
    Tools|formula auditing|trace precedents

    then double click on that arrow near the tiny worksheet icon. You'll see the
    Edit|goto dialog. Select the range you want and hit ok.

    I'm not sure where this is hidden on earlier versions.

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Highlighting linked columns

    "Dave Peterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Maybe this is close.
    >
    > I can do this in xl2002:
    > Tools|formula auditing|trace precedents
    >
    > then double click on that arrow near the tiny worksheet icon. You'll see
    > the
    > Edit|goto dialog. Select the range you want and hit ok.
    >
    > I'm not sure where this is hidden on earlier versions.

    For xl2k, very similar:

    Tools | Auditing | Trace Precedents

    ---
    Regards,