Can I set the numerical type of Cell to Hex format

  1. #1
    hon123456
    Guest

    Can I set the numerical type of Cell to Hex format

    Dear all,

    Sorry to post again. Can I set the numerical type of the cell in Hex

    format, because I want to do the following task. Thanks.

    Now, if I type in 01/0001 in cell, and then I drag the mouse down to

    many cells , the number in the cell will be added by 1 automatically, just

    like the following

    01/0001
    01/0002
    01/0003

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Can I set the numerical type of Cell to Hex format

    Unfortunately there is nothing in Excel that supports doing numerical fills
    in other than base 10. I can think of two options. One is to go to Tools,
    Options, Custom Lists and import a list of hex numbers. The other is to
    write a macro that fills hex numbers in a range you pre-select (like Ctrl-d
    works rather than using the fill handle). Sorry but I do not have such a
    macro.

    --
    Jim Rech
    Excel MVP
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On 13 Jan 2005 03:20:30 -0800, [email protected] (hon123456) wrote:

    >Dear all,
    >
    > Sorry to post again. Can I set the numerical type of the cell in Hex
    >
    >format, because I want to do the following task. Thanks.
    >
    >Now, if I type in 01/0001 in cell, and then I drag the mouse down to
    >
    >many cells , the number in the cell will be added by 1 automatically, just
    >
    >like the following
    >
    > 01/0001
    > 01/0002
    > 01/0003
    > .
    > .
    > .
    >
    >Now, if I type in 01/0001 and I want to drag the mouse down to many cells
    >
    >and I want the cell to add 1 automatically in Hex format. Can I do that?
    >
    >Simply, I want the cell to add 1 automatically in Hex format.
    >
    >Just like that
    >
    > 01/0001
    > .
    > .
    > 01/0009
    > 01/000A
    > 01/000B
    > 01/000C
    > 01/000D
    > 01/000E
    > 01/000F
    > 01/0010
    >
    >Please help. Thanks.

    See my suggestion in your previous post.

    --ron