Finding text that's in italics

  1. #1
    GretOgrady
    Guest

    Finding text that's in italics

    I've got a column in my excel data that contains text whereby some of
    the entries are in italics. I'd like to somehow be able to isoloate
    those items (via filtering or other means).

    I'd be willing to insert a column so that if the cell to the left is
    italics, a true response is indicated.
    Anyone know of any tricks?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Finding text that's in italics

    Gret

    A macro suit you?

    Sub find_italics()
    Dim rCell As Range
    Set coltocheck = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
    "Select A Column", Type:=8)
    For Each rCell In coltocheck
    If rCell.Font.FontStyle = "Italic" Or _
    rCell.Font.FontStyle = "Bold Italic" Then
    rCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 'red
    End If
    Next rCell
    End Sub