Digitally Signed Macros

  1. #1
    Roscoe
    Guest

    Digitally Signed Macros

    I imbedded some macros in a worksheet and now when I open the worksheet
    it disables the macros (because they were unsigned) unless I lower the
    security setting which I would prefer not doing.

    So, per the directions I created a digital certificate. However, my
    macros still get disabled. Somehow, I assume I must then either apply
    the certificate to my existing macros, or recreate them under the
    auspices of that certificate. Unfortunately, I do not know how to do
    either...any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Robin Hammond
    Guest

    Re: Digitally Signed Macros

    Roscoe,

    In the VBA editor, select the project, then goto Tools, Digital Signature,
    press the Choose button and select your certificate. If you set it up
    correctly, presumably using selfcert.exe or certmgr.msc then it should be in
    the list already.

    Robin Hammond
    www.enhanceddatasystems.com

    news:[email protected]...