Converting negative numbers in a range of cells to zero

  1. #1
    Dede
    Guest

    Converting negative numbers in a range of cells to zero

    Greetings!

    How do I create a function that will change a range of cells that are
    all negative numbers to zero? I want to keep the orginal negative
    numbers as well. Thank you!!!

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Converting negative numbers in a range of cells to zero

    Use a help column and a formula like

    =MAX(0,A1)

    copy down/across, then copy and paste special as values in place

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  3. #3
    tjtjjtjt
    Guest

    RE: Converting negative numbers in a range of cells to zero

    In another range use:
    =MAX(0,A1), where A1 is the first cell in the original range.
    Copy as needed.

    tj

  4. #4
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Converting negative numbers in a range of cells to zero

    You need a formula in a 2nd column: =MAX(A1,0)