How do I calculate ratios between 2 cells?

  1. #1
    Excel Novice
    Guest

    How do I calculate ratios between 2 cells?

    Hi,

    I need to work out a ratio between two figures (eg. the number of replies to
    sales made etc). Both cells are in the same worksheet.

    Sounds easy but I can't get anywhere with HELP. If anyone can help I'd very
    much appreciate it.

    Kind regards

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate ratios between 2 cells?

    How about = A1/B1? A1 has replies and B1 has sales
    You could even format it % to get percent value.
    best wishes

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Excel Novice
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate ratios between 2 cells?

    Thanks Bernard - I did have a bit of a "Doh!" moment when I realised how to
    do it and esentially how easy it was.