Excel should allow multiple hyperlinks in a single cell

  1. #1
    mrpb
    Guest

    Excel should allow multiple hyperlinks in a single cell

    Cells in Word can contain more than one hyperlink. Cells in Excel cannot (at
    least in XP). This limits the use of excel as a database.

    It would also be useful to link to bookmarks in pdf documents as one can to
    bookmarks in Word documents. (This may of course be an issue with the pdf
    format.)

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Excel should allow multiple hyperlinks in a single cell

    This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup, which may or may not be read by and MS
    employee. If you want to make suggestions to Microsoft, post at
    http://microsoft.com/mswish

  3. #3
    mrpb
    Guest

    Re: Excel should allow multiple hyperlinks in a single cell

    Thanks - and thanks for the link, which is what I was looking for.
    Curiously it was Microsoft's Office site which invited me to make suggestions
    in this forum, with the explanation:
    "The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can submit suggestions
    for Microsoft products and see suggestions that others have made. Community
    participants vote for suggestions, and Microsoft uses the votes to help
    prioritize features in upcoming versions. Each month, Microsoft will respond
    to the suggestions with the most votes."
    Reality TV meets software development...

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Excel should allow multiple hyperlinks in a single cell

    Ah - I think that's what MS wants to have happen using the MS web
    interface to these groups. I don't, and won't, use that interface,
    however, and neither do most of the regular posters in these groups, so
    I'm not sure what the value really is.

    I don't see anything in the message header that indicates a suggestion
    to MS, so I don't know how they track it, if indeed they do.