Autofilter on date fields should refelct the underlying data (rat.

  1. #1
    mrpb
    Guest

    Autofilter on date fields should refelct the underlying data (rat.

    I have a sheet with a list of dates formatted "ddd dd mm yy". It would be
    useful to be able to jump to a particular date using autofilter, but the drop
    down box offers the various dates in an order determined by the formatted
    version of the date (all Fridays, then Mondays, Saturdays, Sundays,
    Thursdays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays). It would be more helpful if the drop
    down box looked at the underlying date data and ordered the alternatives
    accordingly.

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Autofilter on date fields should refelct the underlying data (rat.

    Format them as "dd mm yy ddd".

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    mrpb
    Guest

    Re: Autofilter on date fields should refelct the underlying data (

    Unfortunately, that then shows all the '01' days first, followed by the '02'
    days etc.
    Formatting as yyyymmdd ddd would work - but that rather destroys the point
    of friendly formatting.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007
    Hi!

    Can you accommodate a helper column?
    If you can, put in it the underlying date information without formating.

    Alf

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Autofilter on date fields should refelct the underlying data (

    Try EasyFilter
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

    Next week I will release a new version (with a of Date filter options)

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Autofilter on date fields should refelct the underlying data (

    This is correct : with a lot of Date filter options

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  7. #7
    mrpb
    Guest

    Re: Autofilter on date fields should refelct the underlying data (

    Thanks for your help.