empty rows at bottom of worksheet

  1. #1
    michael g
    Guest

    empty rows at bottom of worksheet

    My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that
    affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how
    i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows?

  2. #2
    becky
    Guest

    RE: empty rows at bottom of worksheet

    Michael

    If you will turn on the page break preview (piece of paper with a magnifying
    glass) which is the icon on the on the Standard Toolbar to the right of the
    Printer icon it will show you exactly what is going to print. There are
    solid blue lines that the edge of the page, the dashed blue lines are soft
    page breaks. Find the solid blue line at the bottom of the spreadsheet and
    drag it up to the bottom of the document. Everything in white is what will
    print, everything is grey will not print. See if this helps.

    Becky

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: empty rows at bottom of worksheet

    Michael

    You cannot get rid of those rows, but you can reset the used range that
    affects the scrollbar travel.

    Find your end of data and select the row below.

    SHIFT + END + DownArrow to select all rows below.

    Edit>Delete>Entire Rows.

    Same for all columns to the right of data.

    Save the workbook at this point. You may have to close then re-open to see
    changes.

    For more on this subject see Debra Dalgleish's site.

    http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP