how : check register running balance is a stationary cell

  1. #1
    Michele
    Guest

    how : check register running balance is a stationary cell

    the template for a check register has a running balance.... fine... i also
    need the balance to read in a staionary cell at the top of the page so i
    don't have to scroll down to get the balance....HELP

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: how : check register running balance is a stationary cell

    In the cell at the top put

    =cell_with_running_balance

    i.e. if the cell with the running balance is H45 then use

    =H45

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: check register running balance is a stationary cell

    Hi Michele

    this solution was posted by harlan grove to a similar question asked
    recently

    =LOOKUP(2,1/(-E1:E10<>0),E1:E10)

    where E1:E10 is the range you've interested in, change as necessary

    Regards
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Michele
    Guest

    RE: how : check register running balance is a stationary cell

    i guess i didn't explain clearly.....try this link to see the register
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...261033.....the
    balance changes cell after every entry....i need that plus a stationary cell
    with the balance.....how do i grab the new balance every time i changes

  5. #5
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: how : check register running balance is a stationary cell

    Hi Michele

    did you try my solution? ... looking at the link you just need to change the
    E to G and increase the 10 to last possible row you could use.

    Cheers

  6. #6
    Michele
    Guest

    Re: check register running balance is a stationary cell

    thank you......that works good except for when i manipulat the total to come
    to $0 the the formula doesn't seem to know how to read that?????

  7. #7
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: check register running balance is a stationary cell

    Hi Michele

    sorry, that formula looks for the last non-zero value ... use this one
    instead
    =INDEX(E1:E10,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,E1:E10))

  8. #8
    Michele
    Guest

    Re: check register running balance is a stationary cell

    working now.......thank you so much......sorry to have been a pain

  9. #9
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: check register running balance is a stationary cell

    Hi Michele

    glad it's solved and you certainly weren't a pain - it would have been
    sensible of me to include both formula in my inital post.

  10. #10
    Michele
    Guest

    Re: check register running balance is a stationary cell

    once again.........THANK YOU