How do I copy Tab into a single cell in Excel?

  1. #1
    bryantebbe
    Guest

    How do I copy Tab into a single cell in Excel?

    I want to name my Sheet Tab then have that name automatically put in a cell
    in Excel. I am using 2003, but would need it to work in 2000 also.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy Tab into a single cell in Excel?

    Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bryantebbe
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy Tab into a single cell in Excel?

    Thanks Bob,

    I knew it could be done, You were very helpful.

    Bryan

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy Tab into a single cell in Excel?

    bryan

    =MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255)

    Enter in any cell.

    Note: Workbook must have been saved at least once.

    For more on this formula and others similar......path and name etc. see Bob
    Phillips site.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP