excel front end to access

  1. #1
    Steve Peterson
    Guest

    excel front end to access

    Is there a way to use Excel as a front end to Access? I mean via a dynamic
    link similar to a linked table in Access rather than a simple import. I want
    to be able to have multiple users in multiple Excel workbooks change data in
    a worksheet and have the data updated in a single Access table.

  2. #2
    Michael Malinsky
    Guest

    Re: excel front end to access

    I know there are ways to use Excel as a front end to generate reports and
    even to modify, add, delete data from an Access table. But I don't think
    there's a dynamic way of doing the update. I believe any updating would
    require running a macro. I've toyed with this somewhat successfully using
    articles I've found on the Microsoft Knowledge Base, such as:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...sdatabases.asp

    Again, I've had moderate success and I would imagine any multi-user
    functionality would be limited, if it even exists.

    news:[email protected]...