Excel help giving runtime error

  1. #1
    Hari Prasadh
    Guest

    Excel help giving runtime error

    Hi,

    I posted this in microsoft.public.excel.crashesgpfs 3 days back, but it
    seems to be a low intensity group and hence RE-posting it here.

    At home I have Excel 2002 and it works fine.

    But at work (2002) when I click on help and then enter a search string
    within search wizard, results come. If within a particular result like lets
    say explanation for "Chr function" if i press on the hyperlink "string" -
    within -- Returns a string....- I would get - A runtime error has occured.
    Do you wish to debug? Line :0 Object doesnt support this property or method

    Why this happens and how may I overcome this.

    The above happens if I click on any hyperlink within Excel help explanation
    (including normal excel help). Other MS Office explanations fine.

    --
    Thanks a lot,
    Hari

  2. #2
    Guest

    Excel help giving runtime error

    hi,
    i don't know for sure but it sounds like you may have some
    corruption on your work computer. i would suggest that you
    reinstall 2002 or upgrade.
    regards

  3. #3
    Hari Prasadh
    Guest

    Re: Excel help giving runtime error

    Hi,

    Dont know how, but the help file is fine now.

    (It created some index 2 days back and since then no problems)
    --
    Thanks a lot,
    Hari
    news:[email protected]...