rounding question

  1. #1
    Amie
    Guest

    rounding question

    Hi:

    I need the formula that will round a number from one cell to the next number
    divisible by 12 (eg if cell A1 has 25 typed into it, cell A2 will come up
    with 36). The formula must round up (not to the nearest).

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: rounding question

    Please don't post the same message under different subject lines. It
    only tends to fragment any answers you get, and potentially wastes the
    time of those answering questions that have already been answered.

    See

    http://cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm

    for tips on using these newsgroups effectively.

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: rounding question

    Hi

    =CEILING(A1,12)

    just for reference sake to round down to the nearest number divisible by 12
    use
    =FLOOR(A1,12)

    Cheers
    JulieD