Copying Lookup formulas

  1. #1
    Randy Vieira
    Guest

    Copying Lookup formulas

    I have a simple lookup formula

    =LOOKUP(F8,O8:O29,P8:P29)*G8

    Where I need to use the value of cell "F8" to determine what I must multiply
    "G8" by. Works fine. I need to know how to drag that formula (copy) it to
    successive cells. When I do that, Excel advances all the values by one
    number e.g. =LOOKUP(F9,O9:O30,P9:P30)*G9. This gives me an incorrect
    result. How can I make it advance the cells without advancing the lookup
    range? I did a search on Lookup and received a ton of hits, thought I could
    narrow it down with a direct question.

    TIA

    Randy,

  2. #2
    IC
    Guest

    Re: Copying Lookup formulas

    Use a $ before the cell references you need to be absolute. eg $F$8 or $F8
    or f£8 for absolute cell, column or row respectively. The character preceded
    by $ will not change when copying the formula.

    Ian
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Randy Vieira